Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week Eight NFL picks

So I get to move another one of my regular NFL columns to a new site. Since I am no longer working for that other site we will be starting fresh with the games on week number eight. Here is what I think about the week eight NFL games.

1. Arizona Cardinals at Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars last Monday night, and they will be looking to make a statement. They play very well at home. The best cure for a passing game that hasn't performed all that well is a game against the Cardinals. I got the Ravens winning this one convincingly.

2. Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Panthers

At this point, I would not pick the Vikings to beat a squad of girls or a flag football contest. They suck out loud and have never one a game in Charlotte. I do not see them winning this week Go Cam Newton.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans

Yes, the Jaguars won on Monday night. However, they are still a bad team. The Texans need this game more and are the home team. Not to mention they have RB Arian Foster. I got the Texans in this one in a loss that will put Jack Del Rio's but on the hot seat.

4. Miami Dolphins at New York Giants

The Dolphins are a bad football team and the suck for luck controversy is sure to continue. They have no reason to win this game and if they were at home, I would be picking them to lose big. As it stands, I cannot see the Dolphins scoring more than 10 points and that will not get it done against the Giants.

5. New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams

The Rams are terrible defensively and the Saints have a high-powered offense. For me that means the Saints blow out the Rams at home.

6. Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans

Two very bad offenses, but the Colts have a bigger reason to lose this game so the can continue to “suck for Luck”. I will not be watching this game and it could be another crappy 6-3 game. I got the Titans in this one but a little bit.

7. Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills (In Toronto)

Normally when the Bills play in Toronto, I pick against them, as they have never won a regular season game there. On top of that, they are beaten up with injuries. However, I think this game may turn into a shoot out and the Bills are far better equipped to deal with that. I got the Bills by less than a touchdown in this one.

8. Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos

This is a tough one. The Lions are 3-0 on the road, but have lost two straight. The Broncos have Tim Tebow who is really good for one drive a game. Tebow's mobility is a problem for the Lions but I think the y get their season back on track with a fourth road win.

9. New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a simple one Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers even when they have a legit dominating defense. I got the Pats by a bunch in this one.

10. Cincinnati Bengals at Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle offense has played like crap, but their home field advantage is a little too much for the Bengals to overcome. I am not yet a believer in Cincy's 4-2 start.

11. Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

I am not a believer in the Browns, and think they have large problems. The 49ers are coming off a bye and will not play down to them. It will be on the Cleveland defense to keep them in this game but that will not happen for a full 60 minutes.

12. Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles

This is a tough one. I am not a big believer in either of these teams. The Eagles can gain a lot of yards, but they turn the ball over a lot. Dallas has a great defense, but can choke away a lead late. I got to go with the Cowboys by three as the dream team continues to implode.

13. San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

If this game were anywhere else, I would stick with the Chargers. However, the Chiefs run the ball well even without Jamal Charles. The Chargers have issues in run defense and added to the noise of Arrowhead Stadium I think the Chiefs win a close one.



No comments:

Post a Comment