Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Picks

So we have the usual trio of games on Thanksgiving. The Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys are at home, and the Baltimore Ravens get to host the one loss San Francisco 49ers. All three games are must watch TV, and my wife is super pissed that I will be spending the Holiday parked in my man cave watching all the great NFL action.

With that said, after going 10-4 last week let us get at it:

1. Green Bay Packers (10-0) at Detroit Lions (7-3)

This is a great match up between two divisional rivals. This game could go either way and I expect it to be a high scoring affair. The Lions played the Packers tough last year, and their defensive front should be able to get after Arron Rodgers. The Packers defense has let teams come back on them, and that is what the Lions do best. Sure, the Lions are my team and I got to go with my team on Turkey Day. I think the Lions squeak out a close win.

2. Miami Dolphins (3-7) at Dallas Cowboys (6-4)

Throw the records out in this one, because both team are playing better than them right now. Matt Moore has played very well at QB for the Dolphins the past few weeks, and the Cowboys have found their stride and currently sit first in the NFC East. The Cowboys need this game more, but it would not surprise me to see the Dolphins pull out a win. In the end though I got my money (not really because gambling is stupid) on the Cowboys at home.


The more I watch the Ravens play the less I believe in them. The 49rers are playing at a different level. This is a battle between two brothers and I think that Jim Harbaugh knows how to get the most out of his team. With that in mind I'll take the 49ers on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment